Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have chronic allergies and have been using Nasacort

Customer Question
I have chronic allergies...

I have chronic allergies and have been using Nasacort everyday. Back in July, I went to a doctor because my ears feel plugged, I had bad sinus pain and a sore throat. He did not prescribe me any medication and said it will go away in 2 weeks.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Since then, I have been to him twice with the same symptoms (only they got worse) and eventually went to a different doctor last month who told me I have a sinus infection. She gave me broad spectrum antibiotics for 10 days. Nothing improved. I got a CT scan everything looks normal. I now have ringing sound in my left ear, stuffy nose, sinus pain, I feel dizzy at times and my body wants to lean to the left side when I am walking.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Everyday, my chest feels tight and I feel I can't breathe. My ears are always feeling they are plugged, and everyday I hear a ringing sound in my left ear. Ok, thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have chronic allergies.

how old are you?

do you have animals in the home?

along with nasocort, I would add on Allegra 180mg daily and benadryl 25-50mg at night time before bed.

what antibiotic did you use? the best one is usually amoxicillin, you don't need a broad spectrum one for sinus infection.

No, I don't have any animals at home. She prescribed me with amoxicillin also, nothing has improved. I am 44. The ringing sound in my left ear is loud.