Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Viral infection: I wad diagnosed with a vital infection as…

Viral infection : I wad...
Viral infection : I wad diagnosed with a vital infection as my lymph nodes were hurting and I had a fever of 38.5 degrees Celsius.
I was given a Voltaren injection and was told to take parasol 3 times a day
What foods can I eat that will speed up my being time?
11/29/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your viral infection.

you should take a zinc supplement 40-50mg daily for 7-114 days with food in your stomach

you should be eating more fruits and vegetables daily to help your immune system to fight the viral infection

avoid alcohol and smoking

drink more water

try to do some daily exercise

make sure you get enough sleep at night time

what fruits are fresh and local in your area?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
We have everything really but what do tou really recommend?
hi, following up on yesterdays' fever and the voltaren injection:
today i work up with a non itech rash on my neck. checst , abdomen and arms... pinkish rash...
dont know if it's a reaction to the votlaren or is an effect of the virus.. i went to the hospital and they told me to take Prednisolone 5mg one in the morning and one at night and also 1 zyrtec...
i have been having diarrhea multiple times today since i took the first pill of Prednisolone 5mg which now i dont know if t he diarrhea if from that or from the virus ...
the doc checked my threat today too and said i was congested (though i dont have a cough nor runny nose)

the rash most likely was due to your immune system fighting of the viral infection.

the diarrhea could have been due to something you ate or the viral infection

don't worry, your body will fight off the virus and you can get better

it's Rota Virus... How do u treat this?

rota virus has to run its course

your immune system has to fight it off

you can take zinc supplements to try to help your immune system

you should eat extra fruits and vegetables daily to help your immune system

drink more water and regular exercise can help you immune system