Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Curious about husbands MRI: Unsteady gait, severe headache…

Customer Question
Curious about husbands MRI: ...

Curious about husbands MRI:

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Unsteady gait, severe headache (new for him), vision changes and a history of Marphans. He is 41. The CTA was egative but the MRI states: curvilinear T2/FLAIR hyperintensity within the ehite matter of the right fronal love extending from the frontal horn of the right lateral ventricle to the inferolateral subcortical white matter. this is not a typical appearance of demyelinating disease or chronic mircrovascular ischemic disease and may represent a cortical migration abnormalitiy or a developmental venous anomaly without visualization of the vessel on postcontrast imaging,

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea but daily increases with movement

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only Marphans

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

The hyperintensity in the white matter according to the radiologist isn't a demyelinating process so it's not multiple sclerosis or a tumor etc. That's a good sign. But could be some sort of inflammation the was caused by other things.

Has he seen a neurologist for this condition and had a neuro exam? Has he had a spinal tap done so far?

no spinal tap, the ER nor his DR did a Neuro exam, although his gait goes to the right and he in unable to stand with eyes closed without swaying.

Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can clarify regarding this.