Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife has a confirmed case of Inclusion Body Miositis. She…

Customer Question
My wife has a...

My wife has a confirmed case of Inclusion Body Miositis. She now suffers from Vertigo which she believes may be caused from the above illness. Her physician that she sees for this problem believes that it is indeed possible that her vertigo may be caused by her IBM because of muscles within the ear.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

NO. She has been dealing with this problem for at least 4-5 years. It's bad enough to have the normal problems of IBM with weakness in her legs and hands; but this as well?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My wife had major scoliosis surgery in July 1991 with anterior and posterior spinal fusions. When we went back to the Twin Cities to check with her surgeon, he told us that they had made an engineering error. Consequently, her scoliosis is worse than ever.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your wife's situation.

usually a course of steroids are use to help treat IBM

has she tried that yet? it could help her vertigo