Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the difference between allegra and clarintin. I have…

Customer Question
What is the difference...

What is the difference between allegra and clarintin

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have sinus allergies and with pressure in my forehead, headaches, doctor tells me its alkergies for dust mostly

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Also nausea often episodic not daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am allergic to ephedrine or any cold sinus medicine so that's why I can take clarintin or allegra, not allegra d I just want to know what is the difference

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Both the drugs are newer generation antihistamines and are used for allergy they are almost same as far as mechanism of action is concerned but they have different ingredients and different side effects. Allegra contains loratidine while claritin contains fexofenedine. You can contain both of them in simple form as they do not contain ephedrine in simple forms. Claritin side effects include dry mouth and sore throat at times in addition to in addition to trouble sleep, headache and nervousness caused by both of them.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!