Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood cell count has been rising for months and my doctor…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My white blood...
Second opinion] My white blood cell count has been rising for months and my doctor is sending me to a hemotologist. I have had alot of health issues like weight gain and cant lose it and fatigue, a period of asthma, I get sick easy, allegies and the list continues. Diagnosed with PCOS with low progesterone and high dhea Im stuggling to get down.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Sure I was kind of wondering something My doctor is sending me to a Hemotologist at a cancer facility because for the last 6 months my wbc h as risen a good bit. I dont have results. Another doctor answered if pcos had something to do with it but I was wondering what it could do with?

are you overweight?

smoker?

Over weight yes. I have tried a ton of diets and exercise regimens. They have me on progesterone and have tried metformin all different times of day with and without food. I have high dhea from my pcos that I am on spirolactone for. I am on low carb high veggy diet. Trhe other doctor just asked that which is ehy I sent all of this.
I stopped smoking 5 years ago

Ok. that is the reason then

Many PCOS patients are overweight and this can raise your white count

make sense?