Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some pain in my upper right abdomen area…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having some pain in my upper right abdomen area and near ribs for a over a week. When I presss it or when I cough I feel the pain.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

No I don't have cough

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic and have had gastritis in past

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?

Does pain radiates to back as well?

No Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
But i have been feeling bloating lately and full
I feel it when i tough the area, when i move sometimes like get out of bed or move in bed and also when i cough

Sorry opt out was pressed by mistake.

This can be a gastritis again for which you can take omeprazole but there are other differential diagnosis which include inflammation of the gall bladder called cholecystitis and the muscular spasm is another possibility. This needs a thorough examination for exact diagnosis though. Meanwhile i would recommend you to take omeprazole and tylenol to see the response. It should get better with omeprazole in case of gastritis.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!