Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I keep getting 'tennis elbow' and it is occurring more &

Customer Question
Hi, I keep getting...

Hi, I keep getting 'tennis elbow' and it is occurring more & more often - I'm 53, is it an age thing or something else?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Health is good, except for elbow & some wrist pain - the only thing which seems to help elbow is cortisone shot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

It is not ae related. You may need an MRI for the evaluation of the cause of recurrence.

Recurrences are not uncommon especially if the elbow muscles are not strengthened by physical therapy. Following are advised (which I am sure you have already tried)

1) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Motrin / Advil for around 10-14 days.

2) Elbow brace

3) Physical therapy; 6-12 weeks

4) Warm compresses

5) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

These are the initial modalities and if the pain does not respond than the further interventions would be required;

1) iontophoresis, phonophoresis

2) electrical stimulation

3) shock wave therapy

4) local steroid shots.

5) acupuncture.

If all of these are not able to prevent the recurrence; you may need surgery.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl