Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband had been having nose bleed and back pains.

Customer Question
Hi my husband had...

Hi my husband had been having nose bleed and back pains. Results from x ray, asthma exams as well as creatine trsts from the.hospital are.all normal

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries but he has a persistent cough. Doctors say it might be allergies. We had a low dose.lung ct scan done to be sure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well his uncle.died of lung cancer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm sorry this is happening

what meds does he take?

He took montelukast for allergies

The nose bleeds are likely from the montelukast

Why is that so?

It dries out the sinuses

He also has episodes of back pain

I don't think that is related

Family Physician, Doctor