Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a stomach virus over the weekend. Is it common for…

Customer Question
I had a stomach...

I had a stomach virus over the weekend. Is it common for your lower abdomen to be sore days after?

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Just with the virus, Ben bothering me since Saturday night but got better Sunday then Sunday night it bothered me. I could not sleep

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your symptoms to help you more efficiently.

Do you have fever?

Diarrhoea?

Vomiting?

I didn't get any reply therefore i am posting an answer for you.

Its not unusual to have some degree of mild abdominal discomfort for a few days since onset of infection; but it should fade away with time as other symptoms start to improve.

One of the indication to see the doctor in cases of stomach flu is uncontrolled excessive diarrhea, inability to tolerate orally and recurrent vomiting, high grade fever, and severe abdominal pain.

I believe if at this point the other symptoms have improved, this pain will also improve gradually. But if this is causing significant distress then as per standard guidelines you need a clinical exam and tests like ultrasound of abdomen for exact diagnosis.

Green tea, Banana, Applesauce and all kinds of soft diets are recommended for the time being.

Drink lot of water and keep yourself adequately hydrated.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.