Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My nose is constantly draining. i have used nasil sprays and…

Customer Question
My nose is constantly...

My nose is constantly draining. i have used nasil sprays and flushes to no avail .

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

For severl years. I dont seem to have breathing problems except for my age of 80 yrs. old

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had neck sergury in the past if thats gives him somehing think about

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your symptoms to help you more efficiently.

Have you been tested for any allergies?

Have you been examined by an ENT doctor?

I didn't get any reply, therefore I am posting an answer for you.

I believe you need multidisciplinary care; both an ENT as well as Allergist/Immunologist.

The symptoms you have are suggestive of chronic sinusitis, a condition involving the paranasal sinuses and linings of the nasal passages which can result in variety of symptoms such as discharge, obstruction, and feeling of pressure/fullness.

At first place an ENT doctor should examine an investigate it thoroughly and can take cultures from the sinuses and also find out any anatomical abnormalities like blockage etc.

At the same time, an allergist can help identify any allergies or immunodeficiences that could be responsible for recurrent infections/inflammation of the sinuses giving you these symptoms.

Apart from various medical therapies like saline drops, steroid sprays, antibiotics, decongestants, there is specific and very helpful surgical option in terms of FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery).

A CT scan of sinus is also a useful initial modality to decide if you will benefit from this therapy or not.

There are some complimentary treatments also which can be helpful including herbal tea,vitamins, homeopathy, massage, reflexology, yoga, diet modifications etc.

So to conclude my suggestion is to have this evaluated by an ENT discussing all the details I have mentioned to chalk out further management plan.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor