Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have chronic post nasal drip how can I cure it? Runnynnose…

Customer Question
I have chronic post...

I have chronic post nasal drip how can I cure it?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Runnynnose from morning to night no other symptoms ears fine throat sometimes gets raspy but not sore.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Over 2 years no I don't have a fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a lot of moles on my back which my whole back has become very very itchy this started one month ago and I cant get around to scratch it and cant see any redness or rash but the itch is very bad from morning to night.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
11/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have chronic post nasal drip.

this can be from long term sinus inflammation and allergies to something in the environment.

have you tried to take a daily allergy pill like allegra 180mg or fexofenadine?

using a daily steroid nasal spray over the counter like Nasocort or Rhinocort can help decrease runny nose and post nasal drip.

I have been useing nasal inhaler mometasone 50mcg to no avail and take loratadine tablets once a day but the nose still keeps on running could it be my age which is not a fair question as anything that goes wrong the answer is oh its just your age.

you may benefit from a humidifier in the home. winter brings dry air which an irritate the nose.

loratadine is claritin. I feel that allegra 180 or fexofenadine works better for me.

you can also use benadryl or diphenhydramine 25-50mg at night time before bed to help.

you can also try a nettipot nasal sinus saline irrigation which could help.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com