Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed if I press hard with my fingers over my shins a…

Customer Question
I noticed if I...

I noticed if I press hard with my fingers over my shins a shallow dent appears and takes a while to.go away. My legs don't look swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I'm not sure. Not that I can tell.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What you're describing sounds like water retention or possible edema. What questions do you have about it that I can answer for you?

Is it serious?

No, it's normal to have some water retention.

Are you having any difficulty breathing?

Any chest pains?

Any new coughing that you didn't have before?

I have health anxiety :/

I can imagine that it can cause anxiety when you see things like that.

But it is a very common thing to find on your lower legs. It will leave a dent when you press on the area but otherwise it won't cause anything serious.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this that I may address.

Otherwise please click on the rating button when ready.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.
​Dr. Mo

Glad I could help.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo

Please click on "Rating" when you have a moment.

That will allow me to get paid for my services.

-Dr. Mo