Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woulo like to knowthe signifigence of a wild hair suddenly…

Customer Question
I woulo like to...

I woulo like to knowthe signifigence of a wild long hair suddenly appearing oo the right side of my chin . A doctor stated this should not be ignored. Why

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Would like to know why I need to be concerned about a wild long hair quickly appeared on chin.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diabetes, arthritis back problems.cad.History of ovarian cancer with succesful removal.will have back surgery in a couple of weeks aaaaaaaaaaaall other problems in good control.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes I routenly get reports on alllabs and other tests. I am a retired RN

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 4 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

unable to do this. have not taken a picture of the hair just a kind of hair only alittle thicker than a normal facial hair

Anything abnormal about the skin around it?

No thank you. Just give me the short answer so i can do more research if necessary
everything else is normal

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

If this were in a mole I might be concerned since it could be a sign of a developing melanoma

But if it's just as you say a wild long hair that isn't a sign of cancer or any skin or systemic medical condition

So I see nothing here for you to worry about

Please let me know if you need any more information

I would recognize a mole immediately. There was a seminar advertised and in the advertisement the md stated if you suddenly have a wild hair on your chin do not ignore it .I was wondering why will take this up with my family MD thank you

There was probably more to that than just referring to a single hair

But let me know how it goes

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor