Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I think my son has H.pylori. He has stomach pain, hiccups…

Customer Question
I think my son...

I think my son has H.pylori. He has stomach pain, hiccups and burps, and bloating. He feels hungry but can only eat a little. He has lost 30 plus pounds in the past month and has no energy. He thought he had an ulcer and has eaten bland food for the past couple of weeks. He has gotten no better and I'm considering taking him to an ER. He is very weak and feels miserable.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

If he eats more than two or three bites of anything within a few minutes he feels nausea and he has vomited twice in the past two days. I've been giving him pedialyte solution and frozen pops. This has been bothering him for over a month.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has had multiple bouts of gastritis and pancreatitis in the past. He is a recovering alcoholic. He suffers from anxiety and panic attacks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Thank you.

Well it could well be another bout of gastritis. You are right H. Pylori can be associated with such presentation. With h/ o panic attacks too, i would consider the possibility of irritable bowel as well as Celiac. Weight loss goes more in favour of an ulcer causing decceased oral intake . Vomiting too can occur with ulcer. So he needs to take gastroprotective like omeprazole alongwith anti sickness medication like domperidone. Needs to take soft diet . If H Pylori test is to be done , he needs to be off antacids for atleast 2 weeks . So that you need to consider .

Hope it was useful.

Let me know if you have any more queries

hope you found it useful.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.