Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Causes of night time vertigo. Loss of appetite and some

Customer Question
Causes of night time...

Causes of night time vertigo

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Yes, loss of appetite and some weight loss. Had watched women's twiirling ice skating beforehand.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sleep apnea untreated

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant and I will do my best to help you today.

Since how long do you have this vertigo?

Is there any nausea or vomiting associated?

What is your age?

History of diabetes?

I didn't get any reply therefore I am posting an answer for you.

Vertigo is the feeling that you or your environment is moving or spinning, and it can be caused by problems in the brain or the inner ear. These include infections, inflammatory conditions, circulation issues to the brain etc..

Some times drugs/medications can also be responsible.

In general, there are no specific conditions which can specifically give you vertigo at night time only.

Since you have sleep apnea, a theoretical explanation of why you get vertigo at night time only is that when the apnea becomes severe at night/sleep; can lead to hypoxic (low oxygen) stimuli to brain which would possibly be giving these symptoms.

Any signs and symptoms of vertigo warrant an evaluation by a doctor. The majority of cases of vertigo are harmless, but it can be debilitating, most causes are easily treated with prescription medication.

I will suggest you to have this evaluated by your doctor discussing the details I have mentioned to chalk out further management plan.

I am more concerned about your untreated sleep apnea; which surely needs attention and management.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.