Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Area above right side of hip feels very tight and inflamed.

Customer Question
Feels like it gets bigger...
Area above right side of hip feels very tight and inflamed. Feels like it gets bigger and tighter when sitting on the toilet to use it. No pain, just very uncomfortable. No diarrhea or vommitting, but I am just recovering from the flu.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

From the description of your symptoms it sounds like you latissmus dorsi muscle is in spasm thus giving you an uncomfortable feeling. As far as there is no other sign and symptom nothing much to worry about. Just apply ibuprofen cream over the area twice a day and massage gently with warm olive oil. Keep yourself well hydrated. No worries for now just wait and watch.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for replying Dr. Uzair. I Googled where the section of the latissmus dorsi muscle is but the feeling isn't coming from there. The tightness and inflamed feeling is more so in the lower right Quadrant of my body where my large intestine is. I thought it may be appendicitis but I have no symptoms of it

Thanks for the reply.

That can be another muscle in that area and it is less likely to be appendicitis as it occurs on front side and you have no nausea, vomiting and other symptoms so no worries.

Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I see you have asked for another doctor to help you

sorry about your recent flu infection.

you could have a small hernia in the area if you have weakness in the abdominal wall which can cause your bowels to push out into the hernia causing pain

you could have a cyst below the cyst which could be getting larger

it can be difficult to tell online without being able to examine the area

can you upload a clear photo of the area?

do you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor face to face to get your abdomen area examined?

you may benefit from an ultrasound of the area.

Hey Dr. David, thank you for replying back. I took 2 pictures and I circled the area on the side of my body. I also circled the area on my ab that recently got hurt. I was doing crunches about 3 weeks ago and that area gave me extreme pain right during the exercise. Any movement or breathe hurt me pretty bad for about 7 minutes so I stayed still and it went away. It felt like my intestine was popping out so I had to put pressure on it (it was that painful). I couldn't tell if it was a cramp or sports hernia but maybe that information will help with why my lower right side is hurting now.
I have health insurance so I will be seeing a Dr. in person soon

thanks for the photos.

you could have had a muscle cramp if you are not used to doing situps.

if you don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, you may not be getting enough potassium in your body.

this can cause muscle cramps and pain when you exert yourself.

that is good you are going to see a doctor soon.

the circled area on the side could be your oblique abdominal muscles which could have cramped up

eating more bananas, OJ, fruits and vegetables can get more potassium into your system

drinking more water can help

make sure you stretch before and after working out

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician