Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed (by CTSCAN) with Bronchiectisis--some…

Customer Question
I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed (by CTSCAN) with Bronchiectisis--some kind of tiny nodules or entities in the airwaves of my lungs. I was on Inhalers but although I rinsed my mouth carefully I still seemed to get Thrush on and off. Therefore when II felt my various episodes of Bronchitis were over, I stopped the inhalers. Is this condition permanent? Do I need to continue seeing a pulmonologist? Or taking Inhalers?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

NO. Swelling where? Why mention tooth pain? Are you responding to my questions about Bronchiectasis?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High Blood Pressure, and sinus problems. Constant nasal drip for which I am taking two nasal sprays.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You may need to be under the pulmonologist. You may take inhalers especially when you have symptoms. There can be recurrent infection due to this issue.

The treatment of bronchiectasis usually is;

1) Antibiotics and chest physiotherapy are the mainstays.

Usual antibiotics are (when infection supervenes or suspected):

a) Amoxicillin

b) Tetracycline

c) Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole

d) Azithromycin or Clarithromycin

2) Bronchodilators

3) Corticosteroid therapy

4) Diet supplements.

Following measures also are recommended

1) Stop smoking, if you do.

2) Avoid second-hand smoke

3) Nutritional supplementation

4) Immunizations for influenza and pneumococcal pneumonia, and measles, rubeola, and pertussis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

You do not mention inhalers, which the Asthma Center and a Pulmonologist prescribed. Are you by omission suggesting that inhalers are not the prescribed or standard treatment. What is physiotherapy? I was not given antibiotics. We are avoiding them when possible. I do not smoke.

You may need to take:

Bronchodilators

Corticosteroid therapy;

These are by the inhalers.

Symptoms like shortness of breath, wheezing would be managed by these inhalers.

If you do not have symptoms; you may avoid them.

Chest physical therapy (physiotherapy) is the mainstay.

Deep breathing exercises and chest cage expansion are taught by the physical therapist.

Antibiotics would only be used if you have fever, cough with shortness of breath.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl