Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up spitting up blood. Seem to be in good shape for 66…

Customer Question
I woke up spitting...

I woke up spitting up blood

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Seem to be in good shape for 66 years old

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetic and use a cpap when sleeping

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

This condition is medically called as Hemoptysis that is spitting up of blood or bloody mucus from the lungs and throat (respiratory tract). Its most common causes are:bronchiectasis,bronchitis,cystic fibrosis,Violent coughing,Lung infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia or bronchiectasis,tuberculosis.

Another possibility can be of dental issues.

As you woke up with spitting up blood -this symptom should not be ignored & to be definitely checked by your doctor.

You need:

• Chest x-ray,
  • Bronchoscopy,
  • Complete blood count (CBC)

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh