Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am an RN of 28 years. I have been physically fit riding a…

Customer Question
I am an RN...

I am an RN of 28 years. I have been physically fit riding a bike 6 mi/day. Last summer I woke up swollen from my thighs down with +2/+3 pitting edema. I was told I had stage 4 liver fibrosis.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Swelling since last summer. My biggest problem right now is that I have a severely distended abdomen x 4weeks. I can only eat 4 ounces without expelling it with in the hour and it is liquid with forceful expulsion. I can hear loud B.S. on the left.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Stage4 liver fibrosis

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask have you had an ultrasound of the abdomen within the last 4 weeks? Any black colored stools? Any blood in the stool? Do you have pain on pressing down on the abdomen?