Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am all of a sudden leaking urine. Just started today. I…

Customer Question
I am all of...

I am all of a sudden leaking urine

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Just started today. I take citskipram and birth control

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
It feels like I am leaking urine. When I check it’s there sometimes then doesn’t????
11/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I’m under slot of stress with my daughter.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, Your symptoms can be indicative of medical condition Urinary incontinence, it is a common and often embarrassing problem.

Women experience Urinary incontinence twice as often as men. This occurs due to problems with muscles and nerves that help to hold or release urine. This can be diagnosed through clinical evaluation and tests.

You need to undergo these tests-

-Postvoid residual (PVR) measurement
-Cystogram
-Urodynamic studies
-Pelvic or abdominal ultrasound
-Also Cystoscopy may be advised to check for any abnormalities in your urinary tract.

Line of treatment is- Oral medications, Bladder training, Kegel exercises, Biofeedback and electrical stimulation
Medications used to treat this condition are-Anti-cholinergics like oxybutynin (Ditropan), tolterodine (Detrol),Topical estrogen, Imipramine.

Also antidepressant medication duloxetine (Cymbalta) is sometimes used to treat stress incontinence.
Exact line of treatment can be selected after clinical evaluation.

I understand, that your symptoms have only started from today, but it should be further investigated by your doctor.

I would recommend that you should be seen by Urologist for clinical evaluation and get this issue managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

It feels like it’s leaking but it isn’t. My abdominal area is a little sore also
I guess it’s a warm sensation
It’s the same topic.
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Michelle,

Your symptoms are suggestive of mild urinary tract infection. Following measure would help you;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

You may need a course of antibiotics if the symptoms persist or aggravate. You may get a urine exam by your primary care physician.

Kegel exercise too would help. Please read about it;

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/in-depth/kegel-exercises/art-20045283

Stress and anxiety can cause all of your symptoms. Following measures can help you in long term:

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor