Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Got my hair cut marine style as always.Two days after

Customer Question
Got my hair cut...

Got my hair cut marine style as always.Two days after getting it my sclap broke out with a bunch of lilttle bumpsall over top of my head ,What could be the cause of this,It was very ithy and now ive got bald spots

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

2 monthstried all the creams im in 1000,00 in meds now on steroids

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No ive been fine till i got this my scalp was red inflammed and very itchy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/26/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
Can you post a picture of the bumps?
Have you tried any antidandruff or antifungal shampoos?
not sure how to send pictures my dr put me on steriods
Any antibiotics or antibiotic creams?
Can't afford phone call I'll should be all set with my Dr thanks and I suck on computers too but thanks any way
No problem. System automatically asks about phone call
i have been on anti biotics. Doxycycline 100mg BID for 2 weeks and have been on antifungal shampoo.
if hair loss, then most likely fungal and will need to use shampoo for 4 weeks. If not improved, then follow up with your doctor and ask about antifungal pills.Does that help?

do you have any further questions?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD