Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

On Friday I went to my doctor as I had what looks like

Customer Question
On Friday I went...

On Friday I went to my doctor as I had what looks like sagging skin under the left side of my abdomen. This was sore to touch and he sent me to go for an ultrasound. I went and did the ultrasound and the radiologist says that he cannot see any Lipomas, Liposarcomas, or hernias. I took the results back to my doctor and he told me that there is nothing to worry about. On getting home I went onto the net and saw that a Lipoma or a Liposarcoma can only be seen either by a biopsy of the area or by a MRI. do you think I should go for one of these procedures or let it be only with the ultrasound? Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Only saw it on Friday when I went to the doctor so the only records I have is from the ultrasound I had on Friday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Like? I do suffer from constipation now. I had a colonoscopy done 2 years ago and all was clear except for the fact that the gastroenterologist suspects I may suffer from IBS of which I told my pathologist on Friday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/26/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

If there is no mass on the ultrasound, there is no limpoma, etc, there, and nothing to biopsy.

Was there a mass read on ultrasound?

The radiologist saw nothing. No masses on the ultrasound. He told me not to worry but to keep on checking it if it gets bigger
Are u still here doctor?

Yes

If there is no mass I certainly would leave it alone.

I would discuss this with your doctor and follow his recommendation.

There is no chance of lipoma, liomyosarcoma, with a mass.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

I am a double board certified US doctor, trained in conventional medicine, multiple areas of medicine and complementary medicine.

Also: Hopefully this helps and I have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more. Thanks

what do you think doctor. do I leave it as is or should I go for an MRI
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician