Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Wife is vomiting. Has been vomiting all night. No desire to…

Customer Question
Wife is vomiting green...

Wife is vomiting green. Has been vomiting all night.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No desire to eat now while sick

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ate out last night

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Any fever or abdominal pain?

Is she able to hold liquids down?

abdominal pain. Also. no gall bladder

And is she able to hold fluids down?

she has not had anything to drink or eat since last night, 10:00 p,m, She started vomiting beginning at about 12:30 a.m.
no drink or eat since late last night, began vomiting at about 12:30

Usually this is a viral gastroenteritis that runs its course in a few days

For now I'd suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day and as many fluids as she can manage

But if she isn't able to hold down a fair amount of fluids today she'll need to see her doctor for an exam and something for the nausea and vomiting

Please let me know if you need any more information