Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had clavicle surgery almost two years ago. Yesterday I…

Customer Question
I had clavicle surgery...

I had clavicle surgery almost two years ago. Yesterday I woke up with the area directly above my collar bone near my next was swollen and puffy, but not hot. And feels like there's a hard knot under the swelling. Do I need to go to the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries and the swelling started yesterday when I woke up was the first time I noticed it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes my collar bone fracture was caused by a motorcycle accident and I also suffer from c6 radiculopothy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Are you diabetic?

What is your age and gender?

Could you please post a picture?

Not diabetic, male 30 yrs old and you can see in the picture the difference

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

If you do not have pain or tenderness; you may go to your GP tomorrow for the assessment and medical imaging like x-ray and ultrasound.

If you have pain / tenderness; you may need assessment at an urgent care clinic.

This is likely to be unabsorbable suture and inflammatory tissue causing the swelling.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you so much. So as long as there's no pain when I leave it alone it shouldn't be something I should over worry myself with? I start work tomorrow and get out at 3, I don't have insurance so I will need to go to a clinic. Would that work like an Urgent Care.

You are very welcome.

You may choose any mode of consultation which is not expensive.

This is not serious, so do not worry.

You may do ice compresses and Take Motrin; which will help in resolving the swelling.

This link will help you find a free clinic in your area:

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl