Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE A TERRIBLE PAIN IN MY LEFT GROIN. I HAVENT BEEN ABLE…

Customer Question
I HAVE A TERRIBLE...

I HAVE A TERRIBLE PAIN IN MY LEFT GROIN. I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO WALK WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF A CHAIR WITH WHEELS FOR 4 DAYS NOW. MY ORTHO TOLD ME REST AND HEAT. I HAVE BEEN USING A HEATING PAD AND HAVE SPRAYED SOLONOPAS PAIN SPRAY TO EASE THE PAIN. I AM 81 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BAD KNEES TO FROM OSTEOARTHRITIS. I TRIPPED OVER XMAS WRAPPINGS AND HAD TO PUSH MYSELF UP FROM A CRAWLING POSITION AND STRAINNED MY GROIN IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING OFF THE FLOOR. BOY, DOES THIS HURT. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST????

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

NO SWELLING, JUST PAIN .

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

NO. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO TREAT THE PAIN.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The most common cause of groin pain is muscle strain.Other causes can be Bursitis (joint inflammation), Hernia , Enlarged lymph glands, Orchitis (inflammation of the testicle) Epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis),muscle strain, Sprains and strains, urinary tract infection, pinched nerve.

Dysfunction of other body parts may also lead to groin pain. This is known as referred pain or radiating pain. Pulled muscles, stressed ligaments or the tendon fibers may also lead to groin pain.

As you said you strained your groin in process of getting up from floor- so inguinal ligament injury seems to be the most probable cause of your pain.

Following is recommended for you now:

• Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.
  • Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation
  • Apply analgesic gel such as diclofenac sodium twice a day
  • Have bed rest as much as possible.

This may take few days to few weeks for your symptoms to subside.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how is your groin pain now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor