Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mother is 86 years of age and she has a infection in her…

Customer Question
Hello my mother is...

Hello my mother is 86 years of age and she has a infection in her kidneys and i guess in her lower stomach. my is question should she be treated with dialysis or let her go on without treatment.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

This is for my mother who now is in the hospital . on which they are waiting for an answer

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Again this is my mother. i am puzzle and worried about her because she had lean on me to be there for and i am feel that i would be letting her down if i let this go untreated

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Has she any other ailment; heart or lung issue, dementia / cognitive disorder?

How is her general health?

Is she independent for her activities in daily living?

she has dementia and we meaning my sister is here helping.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.