Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Wondering about high blood pressure dropping very low.

Customer Question
Wondering about high blood...

Wondering about high blood pressure dropping very low

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Checked it today no history

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just that I have had high blood pressure for last few years been taking meds for it however last month it has dropped dropped so stopped taking meds and it is still low

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 5 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

What's your blood pressure running now?

And what medication were you taking?

This morning it was 107/75
Was taking Irbesartan 75mg
no thanks don't call me

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

That's really a very good blood pressure for the most part.

So unless you're feeling tired and weak and light headed I see nothing to worry about here

All the same, you should let your doctor know about this to make sure we're not dealing with anemia or a low serum cortisol level

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks will see my doctor

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor