Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I cannot tolerate the Colace drink in preparation for the…

Customer Question
I cannot tolerate the...

I cannot tolerate the Colace drink in preparation for the colonoscopy procedure; what else can I do to clear the bowel. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have projectile vomiting and pain in my gut.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I don't normally have the pain-only when I drink things that don't agree with me. I gave up on barium over fifty years ago-at Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario. I was involved in a longitudinal study with Dr. Fraser Mustard until I was 16.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was born with a large umbilical hernia intestines and bowel in a sac on the outside of my body. I had surgery in Ottawa and was then taken to Toronto-for followups Dr. Mustard

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

can you do another procedure?

what is the test for?

just click send to reply