Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got hit in the sternum with a On-Q Pump that was put

Customer Question
I got hit in...

I got hit in the sternum with a On-Q Pump that was put around my neck a day after total knee replacement on 11/9/17. X-rays & CT scans showed nothing but it is still profoundly painful. I have fibromyalgia including Costochondral JCTS-2nd bitaterally. I see my Ortho doctor 11/29. What can I tell him to convince him of the severity of this pain. I can't hold myself up on a walker to help with the healing of my knee.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling or bruising, just instant pain to the slightest touch and inability to lower myself on my back.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He knows about the fibromyalgia, the osteoprosis (fractured T-10 a year ago) and the back, hand, knee osteoarthritis. This pain in my chest, however is new.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am sure he would understand the severity of pain. Injuries on chest wall / cage are significantly painful as there is constant movement due to breathing. Healing too is thus relatively delayed. Also there may be tenderness also due to injury which too gauge the severity of the pain.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl