Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband started metoprolol 3 days ago and I came home and…

Customer Question
My husband started metoprolol...

My husband started metoprolol 3 days ago and I came home and was talking about ready to die and also talking jiberish and hallucinating... is this the drug?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Tired, talking about dying, halucinating

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Has heart issues for 30 years and just went to 1st dr to get help and was just put on metoprolol should i have him stop or will it get better

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Father had pacemaker

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
I’ve looked through the research. This is not a side effect of metoprolol. He needs to be seen and evaluated by a medical professional for the sack of his health and well being. Acute neurological changes can be devastating. Do you have an urgent care or emergency room close by? I would recommend taking him to a near by medical professional who can help.
thank you
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!