Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just got off birth control a month ago and have not gotten…

Customer Question
Hi I just got...

Hi I just got off birth control a month ago and have not gotten my period yet

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain vary between 26-28 days

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. It can certainly take longer than a month. What birth control were you using?
Trinessa Lo
Do not want the call option
Is my conversation over?
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Ok so I am assuming you took your last birth control a month ago. Did you have a period at the end of the pack or no ? Could you be pregnant?
my last period was 10/25
I am 3 days late took a EPT test today was negative and worried if I am pregnant
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
You're not pregnant if your pregnancy test is negative. You're period can be delayed as long as a month coming off the pill. Please bear in mind that this is not a chat, so it may take a little time for an answer.
Ok sorry
Just worried about when or if I ovulated last month being that I was unprotected even though I was tracking my fertility and ovulation. My period was due last Wednesday based on my 26-29 day cycle both on and off the pill. I am 3 days late took a test yesterday and today both were negative.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
You could certainly be pregnant if you ovulated late. A pregnancy test will be positive about ten days after unprotected sex