Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is coming down with bronochitis, our doctors are…

Customer Question
My husband is coming...

My husband is coming down with bronochitis, our doctors are closed today. I want to know if there is anything I can do or get for him? He has broncitis every year about this time

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Wheezzilng, coughing , tighten in his chest

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Just started today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has 5 stints but has never had a heart attack. He is allergic to codine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

For now I'd suggest oral probiotics. zinc lozenges. Mucinex, and Robitussin DM along with plenty of fluids

This is usually viral and runs its course in a few days

Please let me know if you need any more information