Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I take colace one a day a one teaspoon of Metamucil and

Customer Question
I take colace one...

I take colace one a day a one teaspoon of Metamucil and Bentyl 10mg bid. I can't get regulated. Go from cramping one day to 5 or6 semisolid bowel movements the next day. Have been diagnosed with ibs hemmhroid s and have had 4 bandings the last year with slight amount of bleeding occasionally. What can I do to get regular with only a couple bms a day? Lot of anxiety over this. I take Xanax and Zoloft.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

2 yrs. Soft drinks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had prostate proton radiation 18 months ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you tried the FODMAP diet

No

That is the absolutely best treatment for IBS
http://fodmapliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Stanford-University-Low-FODMAP-Diet-Handout.pdf

is this helpful?