Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm just looking for answers to alleviate the sharp pain I…

Customer Question
I'm just looking for...

I'm just looking for answers to alleviate the sharp pain I have, where both my femur meets the acetabulum inside my hips unilaterally. Ex-Rays are telling my doctor nothing

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About 21/2 years. Raising to stand from a seated position as well as lowering my self into a seated position. When walking I'm still in pain but it's nothing compared to the up & down most going from a sit to stand and/ or stand to a sit

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

As a child I wore a leg brace to turn my right hip & through outward. As a transfer I rode horses daily & had been thrown from the frequently. In the last 2 years I went through menopause, which is when the pain started. And 6 months ago was the first time I was told I have osteoporosis

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you had any imaging?

MRI?

Only X-Rays, which didn’t show anything.
I do not want to talk on the phone for $50
No MRI was completed, after my attending viewed my X-rays, he said an MRI wasn’t called for because the X-ray didn’t show anything. I thought it should be the opposite, since the pain is always there & the x-ray showed nothing, than an MRI should be used to rule out damage in soft tissue and/or tendons?

You're absolutely right.

You need an MRI to rule out soft tissue damage

I will request an MRI with both my primary physician & my pain Dr.

I definitely support that

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.
If you have more questions, just reply :)