Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday I started to get chapped lips. Last night I put…

Customer Question
Yesterday I started to...

Yesterday I started to get chapped lips. Last night I put some triple antibiotic cream on them and Immediately they have swollen 3 times the size I took a leave and put ice on them. Last night my husband woke me and said I was burning up. I went back to sleep and woke up with them hot to the touch and red and swollen. I have a aloe Vera plant I put some of the juice from it on them this morning it has not helped. What do I do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Since yesterday morning, nothing makes them better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I don’t have any allergies and I’m not on any medication

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Associated pain, blisters formation?

Are you taking any medicines for it?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

burning itch and pain they are starting to form blisters on outer edge
No I don’t want to talk on the phone

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, the swollen lips can be caused due to an allergic reaction.

Now I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try

Take OTC Advil and Allegra in morning and Benadryl at night.

Also, apply cool compresses with an ice pack.

Another possible differential diagnosis may include Oral herpes.

So anti-viral medicines can be helpful.

Try OTC topical anesthetics like Lipactin gel and Zilactin that contain benzocaine (5%-20%), lidocaine (0.5%-4%), tetracaine (2%) or dibucaine (0.25%-1%) that will help relieve burning, itching, and pain.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor ASAP.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.