Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Am on Terbinafine tablets (250mg), I take those since 4

Customer Question
Hi, am on Terbinafine...

Hi, am on Terbinafine tablets (250mg), I take those since 4 weeks every day one tablet. I have today a function and would like to drink a few beer, thinking about a six pack and may a glas of red wine.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Can I drink, and may don't take a tablet tomorrow or should I leave it? I take the tablets for nail fungal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On the food

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Otherwise all good, had blood test recently, no problems at all.
11/25/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I understand your concern.
As per your description, usually it's not recommended to take alcohol and use it in moderation.

Alcohol and terbinafine can both affect the liver. Sometimes, drinking too much alcohol can increase the chance of side effects that are caused by Terbinafine.

If you want to take then take only one drink with a gap of 12 hours between both ingestion.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.