Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have bright red blood when I use the bathroom. Even if I…

Customer Question
I have bright red blood...
I have bright red blood when I use the bathroom. Even if I only pee, my anus bleeds, I have a healthy vegetarian diet with fiber & I’m not sure why it’s bleeding. I think it might be Hemorrhoids, but not sure bc it’s not going away! It’s not painful just noticeable and bright red. Sometimes I even see blood clots in the toilet
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having bright light bleeding from anus is called hematochezia. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. This blood is coming from lower gastro intestinal tract. Its most common causes are: hemorrhoids,anal fissures,diverticular bleeding,intestinal infection (such as bacterial enterocolitis),inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative collitis, crohn's disease.

Hemorrhoids is the most common & most probable cause of this.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Please apply cream called preparation H. You can get it at your pharmacy without prescription.

· You need to increase the quantity of fruits andvegetables as they contain lots of fiber.

· Have sitz bath that is soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.Apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve burning sensation.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I have had Hemorrhoids? I believe for about 6 months and they aren’t painful. What is the chance that I need a colonoscopy? I’m only 25 and I’m a healthy weight
What are the blood clots from

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,most probable cause can be hemorrhoids.

Internal hemorrhoids are usually painless.

Colonoscopy is less likely required although proctoscopy may be done for confirmation.Proctoscopy is a common medical procedure in which an instrument is used to examine the anal cavity, rectum, or sigmoid colon.

This is a very safe procedure.

The blood clots are from bleeding of hemorrhoids only. Nothing to worry.

So as of now I advise you to apply cream called preparation H & have sit bath. This usually helps greatly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chatbox so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh