Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My granddaughter is 20 months old. For the past 2 weeks she…

Customer Question
My granddaughter is 20...

My granddaughter is 20 months old. For the past 2 weeks she has been throwing up daily and occasional diareara. The ED doctors say its just a virus and will pass. We are really concerned. Any suggestion??

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Some loss of appetite and that's all. No other symtoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She broke her arm about 2 months ago and the cast was removed about 2 weeks ago. No other medical history.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

She acts like a normal 20 month old. She eats well and plays well. Very alert. She is fine before and after she throws up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Vomiting and diarrhea in this age are most commonly due to a virus that clears on its own.

So the ED doctors are right you don't need to worry at all.

They just need to make sure she is receiving enough fluids so that she doesn't get dehydrated.

She would be fine in a few days.

Do let me know if you have more questions.

Also please do rate this service positively with 5 stars by simply clicking on the stars on the rating icon.You are not charged for giving a positive rating.

Thank you.

Best wishes