Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a stomach virus that feels like I want to through up…

Customer Question
I have a stomach...

I have a stomach virus that feels like I want to through up what is good for my stomach?

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

For a couple of days now I have vomited and nausea all day

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am taking a sulfameth for a boil under my right arm pit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Okay so stomach bugs clear on their own mostly.

All you need to do is make sure that you drink enough fluids.

Take a soft diet like boiled rice and cereals.

Avoid spice,oily food and also avoid any caffeine for a few days.

Take an over the counter drug bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol) works by coating your stomach lining and protects stomach in cases of stomach virus.

I hope this helps.

Do let me know if you have more questions.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread so that I can be credited for helping you today.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you.

Best wishes.