Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had serious lower back pain that now runs down my right…

Customer Question
I've had serious lower...

I've had serious lower back pain that now runs down my right leg.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injury. I've been using ice then heat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is most likely sciatica or compression of the nerves in your back as they exit from there and supply both the legs. The most common cause is slipped or prolapsed disc pressing on the nerves. I would recommend you to take ibuprofen tablet for 2 to 3 days as it would decrease inflammation and your symptoms, hot and cold compresses over your back, capsaicin cream and physiotherapy would be helpful. If it does not improve or becomes severe then do get it examined by your doctor and get an MRI to find the exact cause and location of compression.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!