Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I get nauseated upon the smell and/or thought of food. I'm

Customer Question

I get nauseated upon the smell and/or thought of food. I'm 74 I have a hiatal hernia, am pre-diabetic, have high cholesterol, high triglycerides, acid reflux disease, hypertension, take Meloxicam for arthritis daily. Any thoughts on the food issue?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: hypertension runs in the family and I've been on medication since I was 23 for this. Never miss a day.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Recently had a UTI, first since I was in my early 20's; long time ago. I've had a total hysterectomy at the age of 32, gall bladder removed at 35, lost appendix at 22 or 23 when they did exploratory and found I had endometrosis which resulted in the total hysterectomy. Parents and brother had hypertension and high cholesterol. All are now deceased.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 12 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Have you seen your doctor about this symptom?

When and what finding?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Not yet. She's been out of the country but will see her in early January for my every three month prescription renewal.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
At this point, perhaps it would be better if I sought her advice sometime in the next six weeks. Thank you for your time.

actually I can not determine your question.

I understand the situation.

What is your exact question about this?