Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Slipped on ice 1 leg went forward the other one went under…

Customer Question
Slipped on ice 1...

Slipped on ice 1 leg went forward the other one went under me

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

If I turn my knee theres a shooting pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Kind of like when u hit your funny bone

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long ago did this happen?

Any bruising or swelling around your knee?

this morning like an hour ago

And about the bruising and swelling?

no bruising and no swelling yet. just can't twist it

OK

This may just be a simple knee sprain but you may have torn a meniscus or a collateral ligament

For now, rest, ice, elevation of the leg, and oral ibuprofen can help but if after that there's still a problem tomorrow you need to see your doctor for an exam and an MRI of the knee to check for those

Please let me know if you need any more information

perfect! thank you!

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you