Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the physical symptoms indicating your pace maker…

Customer Question
What are the physical...

What are the physical symptoms indicating your pace maker may need adjustment?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Dizziness, body feels numb, have had a severe sinus infection and getting over that, also.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

About a month--primary put him on oxygen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Taking warfarin, blood pressure, and cholestoral medication

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

sinus surgery has been recommended, but the symptoms are like what he experienced when a pace maker was recommended--had had it about 7 years

The numbness and other symptoms, besides the sinus infection, can all be from a bad pacemaker and heart rhythm problem.

He needs to be seen immediately and I suggest the ER.

This can be dangerous if let go.

The pacer needs to be checked today.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more. Thanks.