Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have one throat gland that is extremely sore and swollen,

Customer Question
I have one throat...

I have one throat gland that is extremely sore and swollen, and my tongue is swollen underneath

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Low grade fever and since Wednesday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Have you taken any treatment?

Do you have sore throat, acid reflux, blocked or running nose?

Any known allergies?

53 - Healthy female
theraflu
sore throat - on one side - my gland is very swollen
NO allergies

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You may get a throat swab done.

You may need a course of antibiotic, if this is a bacterial infection (commonly strep).

Following would help you;

1) Warm salt water gargles.

2) Vitamin C; it increases body immunity.

3) Ranitidine 150 mg; it is two properties: antihistamine and control the acid reflux which may cause the neck gland enlargement.

4) Tylenol.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor