Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I slept through my Coumadin dose time (600 pm) and it’s now…

Customer Question
I slept through my...

I slept through my Coumadin dose time (600 pm) and it’s now 2:55 am. What do I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No dr I didn’t think I needed to go to the ER. I’m on 11-13 meds a day. Do you want me to list? Coumadin is for a heart valve replacement

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies. Albuterol. Aspirin 81. Atorvastatin 40 mg. Bupropion 150 mg. Vit D ergocaiciferol 50,000 units once a week. Dulera 100-5 mcg furosemide 20 mg twice a day. Klerk Con 8 potassium. Metoprolol 100 mg twice a day. Ondansetron 8 mg. Prednisolone acetate 1% drops twice a day. Ropinirole 1 mg Coumadin 7-11 mg daily. Ambien 10 mg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve never had the same number twice with INR draws. I fall between 1.8 and 7.4. Going through cornea transplants.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

The general advice is that if you remember before 12 hours or less since you were supposed to have taken the dose, then you should go ahead and take it. However, after 12 hour period, you should wait until your next dose is due or follow the instructions of your doctor. So, you should take the dose of Coumadin now and can resume the usual schedule at 6:00 PM tomorrow.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor