Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

27yo Male 6’2 290lb, no known allergies. So I started on the…

Customer Question
27yo White Male 6’2 290lb...
27yo White Male 6’2 290lb, no known allergies.So I started on the Ketogenic Diet which is very low carb (under 20g/d) 0 sugar diet about 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks into it I developed a lot of stomach cramping. Finding it difficult to continue the Keto diet because of that I quit cold turkey and went back to consuming lots of carbs and sugars. I was very strict during those 2 weeks of dieting though and consumed lots of fats in things like eggs, bacon, avocados, processed meats, cheese, tuna, etc. After quitting I went on a pretty big binge of carbs/sugars for about 4-5 days where I was definitely consuming more calories per day than needed.During that 4-5 period I experienced frequent urination (10-15 times a day) with no change in my fluid intake. As of 5 days ago that frequent urination has gone down but I’ve started having this pain in the lower left quadrant and sort of in the center naval area. It is not a sharp pain but its constantly there and can feel worse after eating. It almost feels like I always have that empty stomach feeling all the time.I had a urinalysis and blood work done that showed nothing. I also had an ultrasound of the area near my gallbladder which showed no gallstones and a doctor gave me 20mg Dicyclamine which did not help and made me sleepy and light headed. I then saw a Gastroenterologist who prescribed me 40mg Pantoprazole which has helped a little but I still have the constant dull pain. He thought it could potentially be an ulcer. I have an endoscopy scheduled for next week but hoping I can find answers before that as I haven’t been able to take my mind off this.-Malaise
-Fatigue
-Loss of appetite
-Occasionally have soreness in upper right side of chest with movement
-Erection does not remain as strong as usual when attempting to masterbate(not sure if this is because of prescriptions?)
-Urinating feels a little different than normal with it taking slightly longer than usual to expel as I stand at toilet but no burning or pain.
-I've also had some anxiety during all this with the constant thinking about it which I imagine doesnt help much.
-NO acid reflux
-NO Vomiting but occasionally feel little nauseous
-NO Fever
-NO problems with bowel movements, NO blood or black stool.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your doctor may get a CT scan of abdomen for the evaluation.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Meckel's diverticulitis

2) Ureteric stone.

3) Gastritis or stomach sores.

4) Anxiety.

5) Abdominal wall strain

You may take probiotics which may help in resolving the symptoms.

Pepto Bismol or Mylanta too will be beneficial.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor