Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Ears In in bed and ears seem to be leaking some distant

Customer Question
Ears In in bed...

Ears In in bed and ears seem to be leaking some distant fluid ....driving me insane ...what could this be

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

I do tend to suffer wit like eczema in ears or dermatitis....last 2yrs only started after birth of little girl....but never this fluid

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have chrons .....but under control at moments

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Please describe your symptoms in more detail. Are both the ears involved? Do you have a fever or ear pain? What is the color of the fluid?

Ok well I would say it's a clear fluid maybe a slight yellow twinge.....yes seems to be coming from both ears ...no smell....i would have a slight head cold at min..... ....there is no pain at the moment ....

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Your head cold is causing an infection in the ears as well leading to your ears discharging the clear yellow fluid. This yellow appearance indicates that there is pus and you need an antibiotic to treat this infection. So, you should get an antibiotic treatment and with treatment, the infection will be cured and there will no longer be any fluid discharge and you will feel better.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Thank you!