Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has gone down quickly with memory loss.We had a…

Customer Question
My husband has gone...

My husband has gone down hill quickly with memory loss.We had a consult with his Dr. Who referred us to a geriatric Dr on Tuesday ,still no call from her and we are both exteremly anxious and not sleeping Do not no the cause as yet could be any number of things including a brain tumour etc he is 71 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Has been getting worse last to weeks he plays golf and now can't count his golf shots.Has been a bit like this for a year

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No he seems to be pretty healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/24/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

sorry to hear that you and your husband are dealing with this issue.

does he have any other medical problems and is he on any medications?
when did you first notice the memory loss?
how rapid has the memory loss been?
have you noticed any changes in his personality besides the memory loss?

List of Meds Celebrex,chlorsig,

and how long have you noticed his memory issues?

Slowing down and a bit vague about a year ago last two weeks really bad and I am going through breast cancer so maybe that is causing stress

does he smoke or drink much alcohol?
does he exercise regularly?

and is there any change in his speech as well? inability to find correct words or limited vocabulary?

He hasn't had a drink for 40 years as he had a problem with it ad he hasn't smoked for 15 years

ok, so if rapid decline in memory, the first step would be the history and exam by the geriatric doctor and most likely a CT scan and/or MRI as well as some blood work to rule out medical problems like thyroid or diabetes.

Thank you so much I will sign off as he is about to come into the r oom.

You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.