Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been trying to work out why I am having stomach pain…

Hi. I have...

Hi. I have been trying to work out why I am having stomach pain in the middle of the night. Sometimes it is in my chest but lately in the upper left of my stomach sometimes radiating to my back. The past few nights it was only at night but now it is happening mid afternoon and I have not eaten anything.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

It has been for 3 nights now and definitely nausea but no vomiting

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. I am quite healthy otherwise

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in upper left of stomach sometimes radiating to my back along with nausea can be due to various causes.

Its most common causes are:kidney stones,gastric ulcer,pancreatitis,spontaneous splenic rupture,diseases of the colon,distension of the splenic flexure of the colon.

Gastritis or kidney stones can be a probable cause.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound of upper abdomen,

-Endoscopy/Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Urinalysis

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thanks Dr Josh. This is very helpful and I will make an appointment asap. Regards
Jo

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor